Cooking at your own risk
Cooking involves sharp tools, hot stoves, and a certain leap of faith. Sometimes bad things happen — burns, cuts, food poisoning. I write about my own experiences, and assume no responsibility or liability for any damages you may experience as a result of following recipes, instruction or advice on this website. Where I believe it to be useful, I’ve indicated that recipes are dairy free, gluten-free, vegetarian, etc. I do not claim to be a nutrition expert. It is your responsibility to ensure that the recipe meets your particular dietary needs. Furthermore, you should follow all standard food safety recommendations and practices. The consumption of certain foods including raw eggs, meats, poultry, or fish cooked rare or less than the FDA recommended guidelines, or raw milk dairy products may be hazardous to your health, particularly if you are pregnant, elderly or otherwise immuno-compromised, and you assume any and all risk in consuming those foods.
By posting comments on Savour Fare, you agree to grant Kate Wheeler and Savour-Fare a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to that content. I welcome comments and interaction from my readers; however, comments on my site are moderated, and I reserve the right to delete or modify them at my discretion. The following comments are most likely to be edited or removed from the site:
Comments that are advertisements for commercial products;
Comments left by a reader who’s name is a commercial product;
Comments containing a link to a commercial product either in the body of the comment or in the website field;
Obscene comments (and like Potter Stewart, I know it when I see it)
Ad Hominem attacks
Off topic comments
Review and Editorial Policy
I do accept some review copies and samples, but I cannot and will not commit to writing about your product, service or establishment. Please email me and let me know what you are offering, if I am interested I will gladly send you my mailing address. I am not a reporter and rarely accept “story ideas” from outside sources; this blog is personal to my life. Please take a moment to read the blog and see if your product or story idea is on topic before sending me a pitch.
In terms of my readers, I will always disclose to them when I have received a sample or review copy or am compensated for a post or recipe development; transparency is key, and I believe I need to earn the trust of my readers. Any opinion I express is entirely my own. However, I do not like to waste the space or time writing about things I don’t like.
Savour Fare is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Savour-Fare’s prior written consent.
Q. Why didn’t my recipe turn out like yours?
A. I don’t know. Cooking is an art, not a science. I try to write reasonably clear directions, but things that affect your outcome include the weather (living in a desert, I always have to add more water to my pastry than the recipe calls for), the ingredients (FTR, I do the vast bulk of my shopping at Trader Joe’s), your tools (I have a convection oven and a gas stove. My favorite measuring cups are antique copper ones I interited from my mother), and your technique (I dip and shake my flour to make it level. A cup of flour typically weighs just under 5 oz.)
Q. Why don’t you have more vegetarian/gluten-free/low-fat/easy/chicken/kohlrabi recipes on your site?
A. I cook what I eat and my family has fairly varied eating habits. If there’s something you’d like to see more of, send me an email and let me know!
Q. Is this your job?
A. Although many people think when I say “working mom” I am referring to this website, I do in fact have another full-time job as a corporate attorney.
Q. But do you get paid?
A. I do receive a small revenue from the ads you see on the blog. It helps defray my expenses in maintaining my blog. I will also occasionally do compensated posts, which I disclose. I’m certainly not getting rich off this, or even, frankly, covering my grocery budget.
Q. What photography equipment do you use?
A. Most of the photographs on this site are shot with a Canon Digital Rebel XT (which is no longer available, but is similar to this one), with a few different lenses, most often this Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens . I also have a Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash and a Lowel EGO Light, but I prefer to shoot in daylight whenever possible.
Q. Where did you learn to cook?
A. From my mother, from cookbooks, by messing around in a kitchen. The only formal culinary training I’ve had is a couple of cooking classes for networking events.